Verify User Interface¶
The Quick Start Panel is located at the top of the application window. It displays hints and navigation tips for operating the software. Advanced users can close this panel to gain space.
The Image View Panel is located at the right of the application window. It displays a preview of the document image that is currently being processed.
The Form View Panel is located at the middle left section of the application window. It contains data fields, which need to be filled with the information that is extracted from the document image. It also includes information what document type is used for the selected document.
The Session View Panel is located at the left of the application window. It contains the Load batch, Return Batch, Save Batch and Submit batch buttons for loading or returning batches. It displays a preview of all loaded documents and allows document structure manipulation.
Arranging the Workspace¶
To resize panels position the pointer over dividers between panels. A resize icon will appear. When you drag this icon, the panels that share the divider are resized.
You can arrange the panels in a layout that best suits your working style. To switch back to the original configuration click Window -> Restore default panels. Docking zones exist along the edges of a panel or window. Docking a panel places it adjacent to the existing panels resizing all windows to accommodate the new panel.
To increase the available screen space, use multiple monitors. It is a good idea to move the Image View to your second monitor. When you work with multiple monitors, the main application window appears on one monitor, and you can place floating windows on the second monitor.
The image below ilustrates what a batch looks like after loading it in Verify.
Verification is the step in the document processing workflow where an operator verifies the captured data and makes corrections if necessary.
Verification is done in the Verify module of SmartSoft Invoices which can be launcher via the Client selection screen
Batch loading and verification¶
Baches can be downloaded and verified in the Verify module of SmartSoft Invoices.
Open the Client selection screen;
Click Verify to open the Verify client;
Click Load Batch;
The batch selection screen will appear. It includes batch properties such as batch name, batch type, descripton, created by, batch priority, document count, page count and current batch status;
Double click on the batch that you would like to load;
You can use the filters on the top of the batch selection screen if you would like to search for a specific batch;
Batch verification and training;
Batch submit - submits the batch to the automated Export client which in turn exports the data based on its configuration;
Once you double click on the batch it will get loaded into Verify and you can start verifying and training the loaded documents. Take a look at the training section for more info regarding how to train the software so it remembers a particular supplier layout.
It’s a good idea to start with a small number of documents for each supplier. SmartSoft Invoices Online will remember the training and will automatically match and apply it for other documents from a particular supplier you’ve already trained.
Verification of characters with low confidence¶
When the software is unsure of certain characters, they are highlighted in red color.
If you press the Tab button to move through the form fields and a field contains some red characters, the cursor positions exactly at the character, which needs verification, so the user can correct it with minimal use of time .
Verification of regions with low confidence¶
When the software is uncertain that a text region has been correctly located on the page (For example there might be two date fields close to one another) the extracted data is colored in brown.
If the system captures a field incorrectly and it breaks а validation rule, the field’s borders are colored in red so you can easily notice and fix the problem. The document’s thumbnail is marked with a red circular icon and you are not able to export the data until you fix the error.
Press F3 to force validation on invalid or empty (but required) fields. A SoftValidation flag must be raised for this field or column in the Form Definition in order for this functionality to work. When invalid such fields will have a punctured red border.
Press F4 to jump to the next invalid field. In order to jump to the previous invalid field, use Shift+F4.
Document structure can be manipulated in Verify. Users can easily merge, split, rotate or delete documents and pages.
Right click on a page or a document’s thumbnail a menu with several choices will appear:
- Mark as Exception - marks the selected page as an exception and removes it from the batch. An exception reason must be typed by the operator;
- Remove page – removes the currently selected page. The user can remove only a single page from a multi-page document with this option;
- Remove document – removes the entire document with all its pages;
- Rotate page clockwise 90 degrees, Rotate page counter clockwise 90 degrees, rotate page 180 degrees – rotates the currently active page at the appropriate degree. Rotated pages cannot be automatically re-processed. The user must fill in the form fields and column manually by typing into them;
- Mark page as an attachment - marks the selected page as an attachment. This action will remove all captured data for this page from the form definition fields and columns. It will also add a paperclip icon on the top right corner of the document’s thumbnail;
- Mark page and all below as an attachment - works for multi-page documents. Marks the selected page and all below it as an attachment. This action will remove all captured data for this page from the form definition fields and columns. It will also add a paperclip icon on the top right corner of the document’s thumbnail;
- Move current page up – Moves the selected page upwards. Can be used to re-arrange multi-page documents. If done on separate pages, they will get merged into a multi-page document. The keyboard shortcut for this feature is CTRL+PgUp;
- Move current page down – Moves the selected page downwards. Can be used to re-arrange multi-page documents. If done on separate pages, they will get merged into a multi-page document. The keyboard shortcut for this feature is CTRL+PgDown;
- Move current page to a new document – This feature can be used to separate pages from multi-page documents. The keyboard shortcut for this feature is CTRL+SHIFT+N;
- Merge current document to previous document – Merges the currently selected document to the one above it. Useful for multipage documents where the user needs to merge more than one page to a previous page or a document. The keyboard shortcut for this feature is CTRL+SHIFT+M;
- Split document at current page - splits a multi-page document at the currently selected page. This way you can separate multi-page documents. Keyboard shortcut is CTRL+SHIFT+S;
Batches can be returned so that another user can load them or you can save your progress and come back to them at a later time.
Save and return batch¶
In order to save your progress and return a batch, first click on the orange Save button located at the bottom of the screen and then click on the Return batch button that’s on top of the screen. The batch will be immediately available for download. If you are not going to use Verify for sometime it’s advisable that you shut it down.
Return batch without saving¶
If you do not wish to save your progress, you can simply click on Return batch. The batch will be immediately available for download and the changes you’ve made will not be present.