The Exceptions mechanism is a way to deal with problematic documents. There are several goals:
- to not interrupt the process flaw for normal documents
- to keep track of all documents, including those that could not be processed
- password protected PDF documents
- documents loaded into the system in error
- unnecessary pages - move the pages into a separate document and set that document as an exception
Automatically generated exceptions¶
Exception batches: Whenever a system component (Input, Image processing, Classifier or Export client) is unable to process a batch that batch is automatically put into an exception state.
Documents with exception state can be automatically separated into new batches so the workflow can continue normally. Automated batch separation for exception documents can be set under Batch types->Prirority and Separation-> Separate exception documents in new batches.
Manually marked exceptions¶
To manually mark a document as an exception in the Verify client right click on a document in the Thumbnail view and select Set as an Exception
- Exception documents are not exported.
- Exception documents can be automatically separated in their own batches (see Settings below).
To manually mark an entire batch as an Exception click
Documents marked as exceptions are visually removed from the batch.
When setting a document or a batch as an exception you must provide an exception reason and an exception description.
Predefined exception reasons¶
You can predefine exception reasons at the document type and the batch type level.
You can set any Exception documents to be automatically separated into their own batches for later inspection or reprocessing. In that case the newly created batch is also set as an Exception batch.
In the Batch Type Settings screen check Separate exception documents in new batches.
Go toand click Edit for an Exception batch. (You can type Exception in the filter box to only show Exception batches). In the Edit batch box:
- to reprocess the batch set Batch state to Open. This will return the batch to its previous state (ready for verify, ready for capture, etc.) and will mark any exception documents as normal.
- to delete the batch set Batch state to Deleted
Exception documents (only in the Desktop Client)¶
To unmark an Exception document go to.