Configuring the Server¶
The most important server settings are configured during the installation of the Application server. You can change these settings later and fine tune some additional configuration settings either under Configuration in the Admin Panel, or in the Application server’s config file.
The location of the config file depends on the directory the Application server has been installed in. By defailt that is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartSoft\SmartSoft Invoices Server\SsiServer.exe.config
Config file changes require administrative permissions and take effect after a server reboot.
The Application server needs a SQL Server (or SQL Server Express) database to operate. The credentials for connecting to the SQL Server instance are provided during the installation of the Application server and can be changed in the config file later.
<connectionStrings> <add name="SsiServerDb" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=SsiServerDb;User ID=username;Password=myPassword" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> <add name="SsiServerDbReporting" connectionString="" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>
You enter your license key during the installation of the Application server. You can change the license key in the Application server’s config file:
<LicenseConfig> <add key="VolumeLicenseKey" value="12345-12345-12345-12345-12345" /> <add key="FeatureLicenseKey" value="" /> <add key="FeatureLicenseFile" value="" /> <add key="ProxyServer" value="" /> <add key="LicenseConsumptionThresholdPercent" value="90" /> </LicenseConfig>
ProxyServer: The software tracks the usage for a given Volume License Key online, so you need to make sure the Application server has access to https://licensing.smart-soft.net If your Application server is installed behind a proxy enter its IP address followed by the port, e.g.
LicenseConsumptionThresholdPercent: The softeware will warn the operator once a certain percentage of the allocated pages have been used.
<DirectoryConfig> <add key="ImageStorageRoot" value="D:\Image Storage" /> <add key="EncryptedStorage" value="false" /> <add key="EncryptedKey" value="false" /> <add key="StorageEncryptionKey" value="" /> </DirectoryConfig>
ImageStorageRoot: The directory where the processed images are stored.
EncryptedStorage: Set to
true to enable image file encryption.
The timeouts can also be set from the Admin panel
<TimeoutConfig> <add key="BatchUserSendTimeoutMinutes" value="10" /> <add key="BatchUserReceiveTimeoutMinutes" value="10" /> <add key="BatchUserProcessTimeoutMinutes" value="600" /> <add key="UserSessionTimeoutMinutes" value="90000" /> <add key="BatchImageStorageTimeoutDays" value="-1" /> <add key="OcrPerPageTimeoutSeconds" value="90" /> <add key="DataCapturePerPageTimeoutSeconds" value="40" /> <add key="ClassifyPerPageTimeoutSeconds" value="10" /> <add key="ExportPerPageTimeoutSeconds" value="15" /> <add key="ImageProcessingPerFileTimeoutSeconds" value="600" /> <add key="FieldTemplateMappingsLockTimeoutSeconds" value="300" /> </TimeoutConfig>
Bypass Verify can also be set from the Admin panel
<WorkflowConfig> <add key="AutoSkipClassVerify" value="false" /> <add key="AutoSkipDataVerify" value="false" /> </WorkflowConfig>
Configuration via the Admin panel¶
All of the above settings except changing your licensing code, image storage location and the data base connection can be configured via the Admin panel. Log into the system as a user that has administrative permissions and click on the Admin button. The Admin panel will appear, click the Configure button located next to System Configuration and you should see the window below:
Make sure to click on the Update Configuration button in order for the changes to take effect. No server reboot is needed.
- License key: displays the license key if show license key is checked;
- Total pages: displays the total number of pages assigned to your license;
- Consumed pages: displays the number of consumed pages from your license;
- Consumption threshold percentage: the system will alert you once you go above the threshold. Use the arrow keys to adjust it;
In the screenshot above the system is set the alert the user once they use 90% of their pages.
- Processing module settings - displays what roles are available to the logged users. Check or uncheck in order to turn roles on or off. This is a global settings and overrides separate user permissions;
- Automatically skip user modules - skips the selected role. Can be used for automation in case no operator input is required;
- Skip Class Verify - skips manual document verification in the Classify module;
- Skip Data Verify - skips manual document verification in the Data Verify module;
Retention and timeout periods¶
- Retain all Images and Data from Completed batches for X days - amount of days for the system to retain image storage information regarding completed batches. All batches that are not exported are not completed;
- Batch Send Timeout - indicates the timeout for submiting a batch to the server. This is the same for submiting from all user modules - Input, Classify, Verify;
- Batch Receive Timeout - indicates the timeout for downloading a batch into Data Verify;
- Batch Process Timeout - indicates the time out for processing a batch in Class and/or Data Verify;
- User Session Timeout - indicates the timeout for a user session after logging in;
- Mapping update lock - indicates the timeout for update lock on the mappings;
- OCR per Page Timeout - indicates the timeout for OCR processing a single page;
- Classification per Page Timeout - indicates the timeout for classifying a single page;
- Data Capture per Page Timeout - indicates the timeout for Data Capture processing a single page;
- Export per page Timeout - indicates the timeout for exporting a single page;
- Image Processing per File Timeout - indicates the timeout per file for submitting a document via the Image processing client;