Document Form Definition¶
You can change the appearance and layout of the data fields by adding additional fields of various types, define custom validation rules, and field dependencies.
SmartSoft Invoices allows you to customize the data extraction process and the user interface in order to fit the specifics of your business process.
You don’t need this if you are only doing Document Classification without Data Extraction.
To define a new Form:
- From a desktop client start the Verify client and click Verify. Next, click
Creating a New Form Template¶
To create a new Form click the Add button on the left-hand side of the screen. The software will offer to use one of the existing templates if there are any in the system or to start from scratch.
Adding New Fields¶
To add a new field click Add on the right-hand side of the screen. For more details see Adding new fields.
Adding Table Columns¶
Adding table columns to the form is similar to adding fields. First you need to click on the Items tab that’s on top of the Form Designer’s window. A table in the form is typically used for capturing line item data any other tabular data from a document.
Field mapping is a very powerful feature, that offers users the capability to map two fields to each other so that one gets filled in based on the value of the other. For example you may need to select an expense account based on a line item description. Initially you need to do that manually, but the software learns and the next time when an invoice with the same or similar description comes in, the software will automatically select that expense account.
Mappings can be set from the Field template designer. Go to, select the field form you would like to create mappings for and click on Mappings. In order to setup the mapping the user must select one or more Source fields and one Destination field. The destination field is filled based on the values of the source fields. If you need to do mapping for another field, you can click on the Add button in order to add one more destination.
For each mapping you can have multiple source fields, but only one destination field.
- For the source field:
- First 4 - In this mode only the first 4 characters of the source field are taken into account
- Loose - In this mode the software similar source values are mapped to the same destination value. For example similar line item descriptions are mapped to the same expense account.
- Exact - In this mode the software will only fill in a destination field if the exactly same source value is already in it’s database. In this mode it will probably take more time to teach the software.
- For the destination field:
- Use most frequent as default – The software will use the most frequent value as a default.
- Overwrite value – The software will overwrite the value.
- Clone Source – The software will simply copy the value from the source to the destination.
- MapERPNametoID and MapERPIdtoName – Used for linking list fields. You can find out about list fields in this section.
- Formula Language