User accounts are assigned to:
- human operators of the system
- but also to automatic software clients (components) such as OCR, Capture and Export.
The server comes preconfigured with several system users so you normally don’t need to configure these separately.
- OcrUser - a system user, used by the automatic OCR clients (components). This user account is normally not used by human operators.
- GeneralUser - preconfigured to have access to all parts of the system except the Admin panel.
- InputUser - preconfigured to only have access to importing documents for processing.
- ReportUser - preconfigured to only have access to the Reports section
- VerifyUser - preconfigured to only have access to Verify section
When initially installed the system comes with one default user account:
admin, part of the
Administrators user group. The password is
admin and it is a good idea to change it as soon as you log in for the first time.
To create a new user account go to theand click Create Users.
User name: A user name must be at least 3 symboils long.
Password: The password must be at least 4 symbols long.
User Group: User groups are typically used to easily set user roles and permissions on multiple users.
The system comes with several predefined user groups:
- Administrators - have full access to the system
- General users - have access to all parts of the system except for the Admin panel.
- Input users -
- OCR users - used for automatic OCR clients and not for human operators
- Report users - have access to the Reports section
- Verify users - have access to Verification, where the system is trained and capture data verified.
To edit the existing user groups or create a new one see User groups
First name: The first name of the user (optional).
Last name: The last name of the user (optional).
Email: The email of the user (optional).
Copy learning from: The software learns when being used and the training data is stored at the user level. When creating a new user you might want to copy the training data already created by another user. (optional)
Copy mappings from: Mappings is part of the training data where the software learns to populate a field based on the value of another field. When creating a new user you might want to copy the Mapping data already created by another user. (optional)
Copy settings from: Select a user account so the new user inherits the settings from another user. The following settings can be inherited: Input client settings; Verify client settings (optional)
Group Roles: A role is a step in the document processing process. If a user is assigned a role they are allowed to perform the corresponding operations, e.g. the Report role gives a user access to the Reports section. Typically roles are assigned to to User groups, but you can fine tune them here at the User level.
Group Permissions: Permissions can be used to fine tune a user’s access rights. Typically permissions are assigned to User groups, but you can fine tune them here at the User level.
To edit a user account in the Admin panel click Edit users.
User name, password, permissions, roles, training data can be altered or copied from this section.
To delete the training data for a particular user edit that user and in Copy learning from: select a user who has not used the Verify screen and therefore has no training data saved.
You can not edit the Roles for the user account you are currently logged in.