Getting an image
Getting an image is the first stage of each OCR task.
Supported image sources
With Smart OCR you can recognize images from different
- Image files - Smart OCR accepts many standard image files as
input: BMP, PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, multi-page TIFF and more.
- Scanned PDF documents - Smart OCR will extract the page images
from the scanned PDF documents and you will be able to save them in
output format of your choice.
- Scanner - You can use the program to acquire images directly
from your scanner.
- Digital camera - Smart OCR can also acquire images directly
from your digital cameras.
- Screen shots - Screen shot images are low resolution and
performing OCR on this images is a challenging task. Smart OCR can
accept event these images as input and will recognize them.
- In order to load image file(s) or scanned PDF document(s) just
click on Open button .
- If you want to acquire images directly from your scanner or
digital camera click on Scan button
Using a scanner
When you use a scanner:
- Make sure that your scanner is connected and turned on.Also be
sure to install the software provided with your scanner.
- Place your document face down on the scanner.
- Click on Scan button
from Actions toolbar of Document
Panel or select Scan from
File menu (File/Scan).
An image of the scanned page will appear in the Image View of Smart OCR.
The selection of scanning options affects the quality of OCR.
For Smart OCR documents are best scanned at 300 DPI (Dots Per Inch
- standard of measurement for the resolution of images).
Copyright ©, Smart Soft. All