SmartSoft Invoices – Version History
2.6.04.25 – April 2016
2.6.04.25 – April 2016
New Features and Functionality
- Keyboard shortcut that jumps to the next incorrect field: The user can now use the F4 button to jump to the next incorrect field. In order to jump to the previous incorrect field, the user can use SHIFT+F4;
- Keyboard shortcut that validates invalid fields: The user can use the F3 button in order to validate invalid or empty (but required) fields and columns:
- Limitation of character type for certain fields and columns and automatic fixing of ambiguity mistakes (zero to “O”, I to 1, etc. ): By using a regular expression, the user can now prevent the software from displaying non-allowed characters in certain fields/columns.
- Control of characters confidence level for fields and columns: The user can set certain values in the Misc. Parameters column in the Field designer (the designer can be accessed from File -> Edit Form templates) in order to control the character confidence level. The value for character confidence level is CCL.
- CCL=79 (range [0,80]) – all characters must be always in black;
- CCL=81 (range [80, 100]) – all characters must be in black under certain conditions.
- field is validated against a formula or a list
- or both OCR engines return the same result (before or after correction)
- or only one OCR engine is active but returns only high confidence for the processed field or cell
- or one of the OCRs return valid by type result and all its chars are high confidence, and the other OCR engine returns invalid by type result and some of its characters are not high confidence.
- Control of field confidence level for fields: Similar as the feature above, but for field position confidence. The value that must be typed into the Misc. Parameter column is FCL. Works the same as value from the above point;
- Manual rotation of pages: The user can rotate pages by right clicking on their thumbnail under Session view. There are several rotation degrees and directions the user can choose from;
- Feature that prevents the software to display the “$” sign as either letters or digits: The program will now automatically correct such mistakes. If the algorithm fails to do the correction automatically the user can train the system and it will remember that correction;
- Page # / Line # to display snips. This feature enables the software to display the page number of specifically recognized field or column. You can later use a SQL query within your SQL server to easily locate the exported data;
- Cropping of front and back pages of checks: By exporting to TIFF and setting a page range for the export the user can export only the 1-st and 2-nd page of the check;
- Second page of check always in landscape position.
- Included functionality for document scanned date. The software can automatically display the date on which the document was scanned/created;
- Included functionality to manually set SQL functions in the Misc. Parameters column: The software now allows the user to execute SQL functions on export, such as SQLFUNC. This can be used to get the date of export for example.
- Included functionality to manually set SQL data type in the Misc. Parameters column: The user can now manually set a data type for that field or column on export. For example SQLTYPE=datetime;
- New formula macro Env-USERNAME to show the User name in the FTF/Data base: Can be a hidden field which can be set via a flag from the Field designer. Must be set with a formula = EVALEXPR(“$(Env-USERNAME)”) and an Auto-Calc flag.
- Export to TIFF. The user can now also export to TIFF format.
- Name for processed files folder change: The name of the Processed files folder is changed to Processed Input files.
- Support of DB types corresponding to data types of the software like date/time, integer and Boolean: We are using default types for our format listed below
- Text: InvoiceN, BGTaxNum: VARCHAR(255)
- Integer: INTEGER or NUMBER dependent on database.
- Money, Decimal: REAL, FLOAT OR NUMBER
- Date, MonthYear, DayMonth: DATE
- Bool: BIT or NUMBER(1)
- Ambiguity mistakes; The user can now use regular expression to limit such mistakes.
- Dollar sign “$” misrepresentation fix; The software will either fix such mistakes automatically, but if It fails the user can train it;
- Improved data capture accuracy:
- Line items should no longer assign data from non-tabular pages after training;
- Training data backwards compatibility improvement;
- Dropped line items after training fix;
- Region merge for line items after training;
- Support for logical tables which use commas as data separator;
Installation and Upgrade Notes
- This program is backwards compatible with previous versions. The user can install the new release over their previous release without trouble. All previous settings will be kept.
- The installation involves the following steps assuming you’ve already have the setup file on your computer:
- It is not a requirement, but it’s always a good idea to make a backup of your current Field templates and settings prior to upgrade;
- Make sure the previous version of the software is not running;
- Double click on the setup file;
- Follow the directions until the installation is complete;
- When there are newly implemented features, they will come with default values. The user must set their own specific values for that setting/feature manually;
- After the installation is complete, please launch the software. All previous settings should be in tact;
Known Issues and Limitations
- SQL table name It still changes with each change of the FTF (new fields or columns);
- No one click backup of all user data (FTF, training data, settings): The user must export the FTF from the field designer, export the settings from the Tools menu and manually copy the training data from one computer to another;
- In order to export the FTF, please launch the software, go to File -> Edit form template, select the template which you would like to export and click on the Export button. Pick a name and a location for the FTF. You can import FTFs by following the same procedure, but you must click in the Import button;
- In order to export all settings, please launch the software, go to Tools -> Export Settings. Pick a name and a location for the exported file. In order to import the settings, please go to Tools -> Import settings and select the previously exported file;
- In order to back up or transfer the training data the user must copy the training data files from one folder to another. The training data is kept here: C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\SmartSoft\SmartSoft Invoices\Templates Training data files have .sft extension. You can just transfer the files to another location in order to back them up. Or if you are transferring training data from one computer to another you must copy the files back to this folder on the new computer you are setting up.
- Static nature of training data: If there is non-structured data that does not have any headers and can’t be extracted based on validation rules, formatting and regular expressions training data may not work properly and the user will have to fix such mistakes manually. Fixing of such mistakes usually involves slight region dimension manipulation or manual region assignment.